Pineapple Rum Two-Bite Treat
Small Rectangle Cup
(coming soon to website)
Milk Chocolate Chantilly
115 gr Cream 35% #1
4 gr Inverted sugar*
4 gr Glucose*
200 gr Cacao Barry Alunga 41%
350 gr Cream 35% (COLD) #2
- Boil the first part of the cream with the inverted sugar and glucose
- Pour over the chocolate
- Wait two minutes and blend to create an emulsion
- Slowly add the cold cream and mix with a hand-held (immersion) blender
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before use
*Inverted sugar can be replaced by honey AND glucose can be replaced by corn syrup
Pineapple and Rum Marmalade
100 gr Sugar
700 gr Pineapple
5 gr Vanilla pod
10 gr Cornstarch
40 gr Rum
Cut the pineapple in brunoise and let simmer in a pot on low temperature with the sugar and the vanilla
In small bowl, mix together rum and cornstarch.
When the pineapple cubes are translucent, add the rum/cornstarch mixture. Mix well.
Remove from heat and keep refrigerated
100 gr All-purpose flour
25 gr Cornstarch
25 gr Cacao Barry Extra Brute Cocoa Powder
5 gr Fine salt
80 gr Ground hazelnut
125 gr Brown sugar
125 gr Butter, cold
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt.
- Add sugar and ground hazelnut to powder mixture.
- Mix with small cubes of cold butter until well combined.
- Spread out on a silicon sheet and cook in the oven at 160°C for about 15 minutes (mixing halfway through).
- Fill the small rectangle cup halfway with the Chantilly.
- Add a layer of the pineapple and rum marmalade.
- Top marmalade layer with more Chantilly to the rim of cup and smooth.
- Garnish with chocolate streusel and a small Chantilly rosette.
- Decorate with a Mona Lisa buttercurly, pineapple pieces and pea shoots.
Recipe by: Chef Nicolas Dutertre