how to use fondant?Tutorials
1. Roll conditioned fondant over sifted powdered sugar: move fondant around to prevent sticking and ensure an even thickness when rolling.
2. Roll fondant to the desired diameter and no more than 1/8” (3 mm) thick. Tip: Roll the fondant to double the height plus the diameter of the cake.
3. Transfer the fondant sheet onto the surface of the prepared cake. Avoid getting powdered sugar on the top surface of the fondant.
4. Gently remove the pleats from the fondant by pulling each one left and right simultaneously; use your dominant hand to attach the fondant to the side of the cake.
6. Polish the top and sides of the cake with a pair of fondant smoothers to remove any remaining imperfections.